Fire safety advice after bonfire blaze
FIREFIGHTERS are urging people to keep their bonfires under control following a blaze near Wisbech.
Crews from Wisbech were called to an unattended bonfire in Front Road, Murrow, at 11.36am on June 3.
The fire had spread to some nearby conifers and then a garden shed.
A spokesperson said: “If you are having a bonfire, make sure it is well away from anything flammable and never leave the bonfire unattended until all the material has been consumed.
“Fortunately, this fire was brought under control but it did not take long to spread and it could have been a lot worse. Bonfires can get out of control if you do not keep an eye on it.”