Quick-think­ing lady stops blaze dam­age

The Peterborough Evening Telegraph - - Uk&world Update -

A WOMAN had a lucky es­cape from a fire in her bun­ga­low, which started when an elec­tric heater over­heated in her bath­room. Fire­fight­ers praised the woman, in her 80s, for clos­ing all the doors af­ter the fire broke out in Vi­o­let Way, Yax­ley, at 8am yes­ter­day. The doors con­fined the fire to the bath­room, which was the only room dam­aged by the blaze. Sta­tion man­ager Richard Dykes said: “The lady did ex­actly the right thing in the sit­u­a­tion.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.