FACTFILE... on the Turnaround Plan
LAST month NHS Peterborough unveiled its plan to save £20.3 million in the next year, with cuts including:
• £1 million saved by re-negotiating contracts with city GP practices.
• A reduction of £800,000 spent on medicines, made by cutting back on unneccessary prescriptions.
• Re-negotiating the contract with Peterborough Community Services for older people and disability care to save £1.5 million.
• Re-structuring its management team, meaning likely job losses, to save £800,000.
• Shifting services so more care is provided in the community rather than in hospitals is earmarked to save £600,000.
• A saving of £1.4 million from long-term care programmes helping those with conditions like diabetes.
• £300,000 to be saved in dental care.