Pupils evac­u­ate from school af­ter fire fear

The Peterborough Evening Telegraph - - Uk&World Update -

YOUNG­STERS at a pri­mary school were evac­u­ated af­ter an elec­tric light started smok­ing. A mem­ber of staff at Elm Road Pri­mary School in Wis­bech smelled burn­ing and hit the emer­gency break glass alarm at 3.12pm yes­ter­day. About 200 pupils and staff had been evac­u­ated by the time two fire crews ar­rived. The cause of the fire was ac­ci­den­tal.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.