Gas leak scare at coun­cil of­fices

The Peterborough Evening Telegraph - - Uk&world Update -

A PARISH coun­cil of­fice was evac­u­ated for two hours af­ter a sus­pected gas leak. Around 30 chil­dren at the of­fice’s nurs­ery and more than 10 staff were told to leave Yax­ley Amenity Cen­tre, in Main Street, Yax­ley at 9.15am yes­ter­day. Parish councillor Ann Rees was caught up in the in­ci­dent. She said that ini­tially it had been thought there was a gas leak, but it is thought a safe chem­i­cal had just been sprayed nearby.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.