Woman died after taking overdose
A DRIVING instructor suffering from depression died after overdosing on prescription pills.
Jacqueline Wright (46) of Hawk Crescent, Bourne, was found unconscious in her home by her husband Martin on August 19.
She was taken to Peterborough City Hospital but died shortly after arriving.
A post-mortem found a high level of dothiepin in her system, a chemical found in the anti-depressant dosulepin.
An inquest at Stamford Town Hall on Tuesday heard Mrs Wright had a prescription for the drug and had a history of self-harming. She was also in financial difficulty and the sale of her mother’s house had recently fallen through.
In a statement given by Mr Wright two days after the death of his wife, he suggested she may have taken the overdose as a cry for help.
Coroner Gordon Ryall recorded a narrative verdict. He said: “Mrs Wright died having consumed the tablets that she had been prescribed. There is no suggestion of third party involvement. There is some evidence of her having personal problems but no evidence she had threatened to take her own life.”