Advice on keeping safe while warm
RESIDENTS are being urged to be careful about how they heat their home as temperatures fall.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue has issued the warning and advice on how to avoid an accidental house fire as a result of household heating.
Debbie Robinson, deputy community fire safety manager, said: “In the past, we’ve had reports of people using some really unsafe methods to keep warm – like leaving oven doors open and gas hobs on. But apparently safe heating can turn disastrous too, if precautions aren’t taken.
“Make sure that you don’t put anything too close to open fires or portable heaters; carefully check electrical cables and gas pipes and if you use an open fire or wood burning stove, ensure that you use suitable fuel and have the chimney swept.”