Fam­ily’s farewell to tragic baby twin

The Peterborough Evening Telegraph - - Front Page - By KEN MCERLAIN ken.mcerlain@jpress.co.uk

MORE than 100 mourn­ers packed into a church for the funeral of a five­week-old Peter­bor­ough baby who died just be­fore Christ­mas.

Fam­ily and friends at­tended the funeral of Dy­lan Killick which was held at St John’s Church in Stan­ground yes­ter­day af­ter­noon to pay trib­ute to the young­ster and to com­fort his par­ents.

Brave twin Dy­lan died from bronchial pneu­mo­nia at Peter­bor­ough City Hos­pi­tal on De­cem­ber 6 af­ter his par­ents Chris Isaac (26) and Lizzie Killick (23) found him ly­ing mo­tion­less at their home in Bel­say Drive, Stan­ground.

Dy­lan’s tiny cof­fin was brought to the church by horse-drawn car­riage and then car­ried into the venue by Mr Isaac and Ms Killick.

Dur­ing the ser­vice Ms Killick fought back tears to read a heart­felt trib­ute that she had writ­ten to Dy­lan.

She said: “I wish I could see your small eyes again when I wake and place a kiss on your face.

“I of­ten hear it said that time will ease the pain but if I’m hon­est I hope that the hurt will re­main.

“Be­cause I need to feel you con­stantly just to make it through the day.

“If only the an­gels that took you up to heaven could come down and ask me to take your place. I only hope you are watch­ing down from above.”

Rev­erend Stephen Bet­son, who took the ser­vice, said: “There is noth­ing you can say to Dy­lan’s fam­ily that can take away the pain they are feel­ing right now.

“His par­ents and fam­ily had looked for­ward to his birth along with that of his twin sis­ter Rosie.

“And there is no ex­pla­na­tion why some­one so young was taken from them.

“But this life is full of ques­tions and there are many, many more ques­tions than an­swers.”

Dur­ing the ser­vice Ms Killick also lit a can­dle in trib­ute to Dy­lan and the hymns Amaz­ing Grace and All Things Bright and Beau­ti­ful were sung.

The funeral took place af­ter friends and rel­a­tives of Dy­lan’s fam­ily raised over £1,000 by hold­ing a num­ber of events in­clud­ing cake sales, quizzes and spon­sored leg waxes.

Dy­lan’s grand­mother Iris Killick (60) said: “We’re for­tu­nate to have so many kind­hearted friends and I would like to thank them for their sup­port.”

Dy­lan was taken to hos­pi­tal af­ter his par­ents found him ly­ing mo­tion­less in his bed.

His par­ents gave him mouth-to-mouth be­fore paramedics ar­rived and took him to Peter­bor­ough City Hos­pi­tal where doc­tors tried to re­sus­ci­tate him for more than hal­fan-hour.

Iris Killick said: “The doc­tors did all they could but in the end it was no good. At first we asked why they were stop­ping but they said there was noth­ing they could do. It was very emo­tional and there were plenty of tears shed.”

POIGNANT MO­MENT: Par­ents Chris Isaac and Lizzie Killick carry their son, Dy­lan’s, cof­fin, watched by fam­ily and friends

PRO­CES­SION: Horses and car­riage are used to carry Dy­lan Killick’s cof­fin to church

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.