Lola - a history in motor racing
• 1958: Lola Cars formed by Eric Broadley using £2,000 of his savings, first car built in workshop in West Byfleet, Surrey.
• 1962: Lola was commissioned to design a Formula 1 car.
• 1963: The Mk6 GT is taken to Le Mans for the first time.
• 1966: Indy 500 won by Graham Hill driving the T90.
• 1970: Lola moves to Huntingdon.
• 1993: Nigel Mansell wins the Indy Car championship for Lola and the Newman Haas Team.
• 1997: Re-entry into Formula 1 a disaster, Martin Birrane saves the firm with buyout.