Devastating loss for ‘selfless’ dad
Co-workers of a “genuinely wonderful” father thought to have lost his wife and two sons in a deadly explosion have set up a fundraising page for his family.
Colleagues of care worker Jose Ragoobeer, whose wife Mary and two teenage sons Shane, 18, and 17-yearold Sean were victims of the Leicester blast, have launched a justgiving site.
The 58-year-old has since been at the bedside of his surviving son, Scotty, 15, according to his boss, Lola Ojomo.
The explosion destroyed a ground-floor shop and an upstairs two-storey flat in Hinckley Road, where Mr Ragoobeer’s family lived, on Sunday night.
Ms Ojomo, who is director at Pure Homecare in Leicester, said: “Jose is an absolutely fantastic guy. He’s one of those guys who would do the job for free.”
She added that staff all felt compelled to help “selfless” Mr Ragoobeer, who has found himself with no home or possessions, and three of his immediate family officially listed as “missing” by police.
The remains of five people have so far been recovered from the scene, with emergency services earlier ruling out finding any more survivors amid the wreckage.
Leicestershire Police said no formal identification had yet taken place following the collapse and later fire, and that the process would take time.
Mrs Rajoobeer, 46, and her sons, along with Leah Reek, thought to be a girlfriend of one of the teenagers, and 22-year-old Viktorija Ljevleva, believed to have been working in the store at the time, are all still missing.
A cause for the blast is still being investigated.