BRENDAN McKIBBIN, THE LONDON IRISH & FORMER WARATAHS SCRUM-HALF, CHOOSES THE BEST XV HE HAS PLAYED WITH OR AGAINST...
1. Tom Court – Nothing to do with his rugby abilities really, it’s just that he’s so old he can be the father figure and look after us when the team goes out.
2. David Paice – This guy can break every bone in his body and he’d still be keen to get out there on the pitch for Irish. A true leader and warrior.
3. Sekope Kepu – I really looked up to him when I was at the Waratahs. A very good player and loose around the park. I’d want him to play a high tempo game. 4. George Skivington – I played with him last year and he’s my coach now so I’ve got to suck up to him. Nick Kennedy would have been better but I haven’t played with him unfortunately.
5. Wll Skelton – His physical presence is incredible and he can stop a maul by himself. He really enjoyed his time at Saracens earlier this season and I’m looking forward to catching up with him again next season.
6. Jerry Sexton – I just hope he will bring his brother Jonny along really. It would be great to play alongside such a legend.
7. Dave Dennis – He’s a good mate of mine and he’d be the captain like he was at the Waratahs. He’s also a very good golfer.
8. Wycliff Palu – We call him ‘The Ball’ because of his physical impact on an off the field. I don’t think anyone would ever say no to this bloke. 9. Scott Steele – Very good scrum-half and I reckon he’s due for higher honours with Scotland very soon. He’s pushing me hard here at Irish and another fine golfer.
10. Greig Tonks – I always like to have a bold guy in my team and he’s definitely going that way. He’ll direct our team really well on the pitch too. 11. Drew Mitchell – A very good rugby player obviously but also a very good tourist. He’d be in charge of the fancy dress while on tour. Have you seen his Instagram? 12. Kurtley Beale – I’m looking forward to catching up with him in Portugal this summer for our golfing holiday. He plays in the other pair and he’s terrible so that’s why I like to have him there. 13. Adam AshleyCooper – A very gifted player but he’s also my golfing partner so I have to pick him. We’re pretty tight knit and he’ll be in Portugal too. 14. Alex Lewington – You can just give him the ball and he will finish the move with a try. He can create anything out of nothing and it’s good to have him back playing with us after his injury.
15. Israel Folau – He’s Israel Folau and that’s enough to make any team in the world. Amazing player!