LEEK

The Sentinel - - NEWS -

A WO­MAN had to be treated with oxy­gen ther­apy due to smoke in­hala­tion af­ter flammable ob­jects left on a kitchen hob filled a prop­erty with smoke.

Two fire crews from Leek were called to Leonard Street shortly af­ter 11am yes­ter­day to re­ports of a prop­erty filled with smoke.

On ar­rival they found the blaze had al­ready been ex­tin­guished.

A Stafford­shire Fire and Res­cue Ser­vice spokesman said: “It ap­pears a lady left some­thing on the hob and it filled a kitchen with smoke. The alarms did not ac­ti­vate, so it ap­pears the house did not have work­ing smoke alarms.

“We would like to re­mind peo­ple of the im­por­tance of hav­ing work­ing smoke alarms in their home.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.