Fresh start as US sit­com star fills in for judge Bruno

The Sunday Post (Inverness) - - NEWS -

Strictly judge Bruno To­nioli is to be re­placed ... but just for a week.

The Ital­ian dancer is to take a break from the pop­u­lar Satur­day night show next week, with an­other fa­mil­iar face stand­ing in his place.

Al­fonso Ribeiro, best known as Carl­ton Banks from the 90s sit­com The Fresh Prince of Bel-air, is ru­moured to be stand­ing in for 62-yearold Bruno on Satur­day. The Amer­i­can ac­tor is no stranger to the pro­gramme, hav­ing com­peted in and won its US coun­ter­part Danc­ing With The Stars in 2014, with his dance part­ner Wit­ney Car­son.

It could be the ac­tor’s re­turn to star­dom, hav­ing re­mained rel­a­tively low-pro­file since his glory days star­ring along­side Will Smith in the Fresh Prince.

He played his nerdy cousin in the pro­gramme, which ran for six years and was nom­i­nated for two Golden Globes.

Bruno was forced to miss Strictly last year due to a com­pet­ing com­mit­ment on Danc­ing with The Stars, where he is also a judge.

Al­though Al­fonso, or Strictly bosses, are yet to con­firm the ap­pear­ance, a source close to the pro­gramme said the whole cast were “ex­cited to have Al­fonso on the judg­ing panel”.

They said: “He will bring great en­ergy to show.”

Al­fonso Ribeiro

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.