Leaders We must remember them
‘ It’s hard to imagine anything more deserving of a lasting memorial than this.
– Ruth Davidson, Scottish Conservative leader
‘ These children should not be forgotten and a memorial is the right thing to do.
– Alex Rowley, interim leader of Scottish Labour
‘ Given the sheer scale of what has been uncovered, a memorial recording the many young lives which ended here seems appropriate.
– Mark McDonald, Scottish Government minister for childcare
‘ A memorial would be a fitting tribute to those children who were sadly not given a personal burial.
– Patrick Harvie, Scottish Greens co-convenor
‘ A memorial would be an opportunity to bring closure to those affected.
– Willie Rennie, Scottish Liberal Democrats leader