Businessman, 51, denies sex attacks on schoolgirls and women
A 51-YEAR-OLD businessman has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting four teenagers and two women.
Kevin Bond, 51, of Chislehurst, Kent, appeared at Bromley magistrates’ court yesterday charged with the offences, which occurred in south London be- tween June and November last year. He denied all the charges.
Mr Bond is charged with the sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl on Oct 5 in Kidbrooke Park Road, Blackheath, at 9.20am. He is also accused of the sexual assault of a woman on the same day at 9.30am in the same road. At 9.54am, again on the same day, he is alleged to have sexually assaulted a woman Liskeard Gardens, Blackheath.
He is accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl on Nov 22 at 8.33am in Sandbourne Road, Brockley.
Mr Bond is also charged with the sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl on Oct 19 in Winns Common, Plumstead, and with sexually assaulting a 13-year- in old girl on June 30 at Ravens Way in Lee. Simon Arloff, prosecuting, said: “This is part of an ongoing investigation which is looking into a number of sexual assaults by a male suspect on female victims.” District Judge Vanessa Lloyd committed him to Woolwich Crown Court on March 2.
Mr Bond, who runs a consultancy specialising in building services and facilities management, was remanded in custody until the next court date.
He was the head of engineering at the ExCel exhibition centre, in east London, between 2006 and 2011.
Detectives are investigating a series of other sexual assaults on schoolgirls and women carried out during the morning and evening rush hours across south-east London in the boroughs of Lewisham, Greenwich, Southwark, Bexley and Bromley.
Det Con Swaita Pereira, the investigating officer, said: “There are 26 sexual offences in total. The first offence occurred on October 6 2016, 16 months ago: the latest on January 8 2018.”