Beaten teenager feared he would die in street

Fam­ily in shock af­ter boy, 15, is punched and head­but­ted by pair dur­ing iPhone theft

Uxbridge Gazette - - FRONT PAGE - by Alexan­der Ballinger alexan­der.ballinger@trin­i­tymir­

A 15-YEAR-old boy who was vi­ciously beaten and threat­ened with a knife in Hayes told his mum he thought he was go­ing to die at the end of his street.

The teen, who asked not to be named, was head-butted and punched in the face and chest sev­eral times by two at­tack­ers who ap­proached him on a moped on Mon­day Novem­ber 21.

One of the of­fend­ers bran­dished a knife be­fore they fled with the young vic­tim’s iPhone, which they had made him un­lock.

The shock­ing at­tack hap­pened in Wey­mouth Road at the junc­tion with Adel­phi Cres­cent at around 8.30pm while the teen was walk­ing his girl­friend to a nearby bus stop.

His mum told the Gazette: “It has af­fected us.

“[Af­ter the at­tack] he was shaken up and in shock. He wasn’t him­self.

“He said ‘I thought I was go­ing to die at the end of the street’.

“We often go out for a dog walk be­tween 7pm and 9pm and we walk the streets, but we’ve stopped.”

The two sus­pects pulled up next to the teen on a moped and the pas­sen­ger got off and re­vealed a knife tucked into his trousers. One then head-butted the teen, caus­ing him to fall and crack his head on a low wall.

The teen was also punched six or seven times in his left cheek, caus­ing swelling and bruis­ing, and he was also punch in the chest.

His mum said one of the at­tack­ers held a knife to her son and threat­ened to use it. They then fled the scene on the moped, af­ter they had taken the boy’s phone, forced him to un­lock it and to en­ter his iCloud pass­word.

The Metropoli­tan Po­lice and Lon­don Am­bu­lance Ser­vice were called and the teen vis­ited hospi­tal af­ter the at­tack to have his in­juries checked over, but there were no se­ri­ous in­juries. His mum said she had not been able to sleep af­ter the at­tack.

She added: “They knew what they were do­ing. “They came pre­pared. “They need to be locked up.” The Met have con­firmed they were called to the scene at around 8.25pm.

No ar­rests have been made.

KNIFE THREAT: the in­juries sus­tained by the teenage boy dur­ing the at­tack at Adel­phi Cres­cent, in hayes

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.