HONEY AND MACADAMIA TART
1. To make the pastry, sieve the flour and icing sugar into a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Add the butter and rub it into the dry ingredients until fine crumbs form. Mix in the whole egg to form a dough. Wrap and refrigerate for two hours.
2. Roll the pastry until 5mm thick and line a 4x24cm tart tin with it. Refrigerate for an hour.
3. Trim the excess pastry, line with baking paper and fill with baking weights. Blind-bake
at 160°C for 10–15 minutes, then remove the paper/ weights, brush with egg yolk and bake for another five minutes until golden brown.
4. Now, reduce the oven temperature to 150°C. Whisk the honey, sugar, butter, flour, two eggs, vanilla and orange zest/juice in a bowl to combine, then stir in the macadamia nuts and another pinch of salt.
5. Pour into the pastry case and bake, turning occasionally, for up to one hour until evenly golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.
Australian Food (Murdoch Books, £25) by Matt Moran. Out now.