Pets have to be res­cued from burn­ing house

Warwickshire Telegraph - - NEWS -

FIVE dogs and one cat were res­cued from a burn­ing house in Nuneaton on Wed­nes­day lunchtime.

Crews from War­wick­shire Fire and Res­cue re­ceived an emer­gency call to a house fire in Brade­stone Road.

On ar­rival crews called for fur­ther as­sis­tance to tackle the fierce blaze which lead to road clo­sures and bus di­ver­sions.

The fire is be­lieved to have been caused by a tum­ble dryer.

A spokesman for the ser­vice said: “A mes­sage re­ceived at 12.37pm con­firmed a tum­ble dryer was on fire within a util­ity room. Five dogs and one cat were res­cued from this in­ci­dent.”

Roly Bay­ley, sta­tion com­man­der, said: “Al­though this in­ci­dent is dev­as­tat­ing for the res­i­dents liv­ing in the prop­erty, had it hap­pened dur­ing the night, then we could well have been re­port­ing on a dif­fer­ent story.

“The only sav­ing grace in this in­stance is that the fam­ily were out at the time of the fire and that we were able to re­unite them with their dogs that seemed to be cop­ing well de­spite their or­deal.”

He added: “I hope that this in­ci­dent acts as a stark re­minder to res­i­dents not to leave tum­ble dry­ers or wash­ing ma­chines on dur­ing the night or while they are out of the prop­erty.

“The dev­as­tat­ing re­al­ity of this in­ci­dent speaks for it­self. So please don’t be­come a vic­tim of fire when it can so eas­ily be pre­vented.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.