1. What was the title of Niall Horan’s debut solo single?
A This City B This Town C This Road D This Cul-de-sac
2. Which artist won the 1997 Turner Prize?
A Gillian West B Gillian Wearing C Gillian Weaver D Gillian Wooly
3. Who succeeded Trygve Lie as secretary general of the United Nations?
A Dag Johannson B Dog Baarkson C Dug Wolfskjold D Dag Hammarskjold
4. Which vocalist released an album entitled Am I The Kinda Girl? in 1997?
A Cathy Dennis B Cathy Burke C Cathy Parr D Cathy Jackson
5. Which organ is stimulated by the drug digitalis?
A Lungs B Brain C Heart D Eyes
6. What is the national currency of Belize?
A Dollar B Pound C Franc D Guilder
7. Who succeeded Neil Kinnock as leader of the British Labour Party?
A John Smith B Tony Blair C John Prescott D William Hague
8. Who was Nelson’s mistress and mother of his child Horatia?
A Irene Hamilton B Emma Harris C Helena Emmerson D Emma Hamilton
9. Which female vocalist had a top ten hit single in 1981 with Kids In America?
A Deborah Harry B Kim Wilde C Samantha Fox D Kylie Minogue
10. Which rock singer and songwriter received a knighthood in the 1998 New Year Honours list?
A Elton John B Bob Geldof C Paul McCartney D Bryan Adams
11. Who was the second wife of Henry VIII?
A Catherine Parr B Catherine of Aragon C Anne Boleyn D Anne of Cleaves
12. What was the nickname of Baron von Richthofen?
A The Red Baron B The Blue Baron C The Pink Baron D The Deadly Baron
13. Which British explorer was first to bring back the potato and tobacco plant from America?
A Sir Walter Raleigh B Christopher Columbus C Captain James Cook D William Dampier
14. Which legendary group released the four-disc audio documentary The Pet Sounds Sessions?
A The Beatles B Pet Shop Boys C The Doors D The Beach Boys
15. Which McFly musician completes the judging trio on the ITV1 talent series The Voice Kids, alongside will.i.am and Pixie Lott?
A Danny Jones B Tom Fletcher C Dougie Poynter D Harry Judd
Singer will.i.am. See Question 15.