1. What is the capital of Uzbekistan?
A Tashkent B Krakistelft C Umbar D Rashigan
2. Which group became the first to reach Number One with their first five singles?
A Boyzone B Take That C All Saints D The Spice Girls
3. Of which vegetable is calabrese a variety?
A Carrot B Broccoli C Onion D Cabbage
4. Which percussion instruments can be clashed together, struck or put together in a hi-hat?
A Gongs B Cymbals C Snare drums D Tom-toms
5. Which TV series followed the further adventures of Trude Mostue and others after their graduation?
A Doctor, Doctor B The Graduates C Vets in Practice D Airport
6. Who was the fourth wife of Henry VIII?
A Anne Boleyn B Anne of Cleves C Jane Seymour D Catherine Parr
8. What name is given to political party officials responsible for discipline?
A Swords B Rapiers C Spears D Whips
8. Which Pop Art pioneer died in New York in 1997?
A Richard Hamilton B Roy Lichtenstein C Andy Warhol D Jasper Johns
9. What is the national currency of Egypt?
A Pound B Peso C Shekel D Colon
10. Which large flightless bird of Mauritius was extinct by the end of the 17th century?
A Dodo B Ostrich C Penguin D Bilbo
11. Which 2017 film stars Michelle Williams as the mother of kidnapped billionaire’s grandson John Paul Getty III?
A In for a Penny B All The Money in the World C Money Can’t Buy You Love D Your Money or Your Life
12. Who wrote the poem The Faerie Queene?
A Lord Tennyson B Lord Byron C Percy Bysshe Shelley D Edmund Spenser
13. Who had a top ten hit single in 1969 with Tracks Of My Tears?
A The Beatles B Smokey Robinson and the
Miracles C The Rolling Stones D The Beach Boys
14. Who starred as Heathcliff in the 1939 adaptation of Emily Brontë’s Wuthering Heights?
A Timothy Dalton B Laurence Olivier C Donald Crisp D Richard Attenborough
15. BBC1’s Autumnwatch, whose presenters include Chris Packham, is broadcasting from which part of the United States this year?
A The Pacific Northwest B New England C The Midwest D The Great Lakes region
Presenter Chris Packham See Question 15