GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUIZ
1. What is the SI symbol of the element sodium?
ANa BK CPa DSo
2. Which mischievous fairy also called Robin Goodfellow appears in Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream?
A Dogberry B Ariel C Prospero D Puck
3. Who was appointed Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town in 1986?
A Desmond Tutu B Roger Tutu C Horace Tutu D Leonard Tutu
4. Who wrote I Claudius and Claudius the God?
A Joshua Podro B TE Lawrence C Robert Graves D Allan Sillitoe
5. Who hosted the live BBC 1 sports chat show On Side?
A Barry Fry B Desmond Lynam C John Inverdale D Gary Lineker
6. Samantha Morton and Jessica Brown Findlay are among the stars of which 18th-century drama series?
A Clarissa B The Duchess C Aristocrats D Harlots
7. Who played Bob in the classic comedy series The Likely Lads?
A Raymond Brewster B Richard Bowles C Roger Black D Rodney Bewes
8. Which comedy team had a 1956 Top Ten hit with I’m Walking Backwards for Christmas?
A Monty Python B The Geeks C The Two Ronnies D The Goons
9. Who was the Indian boy in Kipling’s Jungle Books?
A Tonto B Baloo C Shere Kahn D Mowgli
10. Which Austrian-born Israeli philosopher wrote the influential work I-Thou?
A Martin Buber B Immanuel Kant C Edward Bouverie Pusey D Karl Marx
11. What is the 4th constellation of the Zodiac?
A Leo B Pisces C Libra D Cancer
12. Which country is also known as Eire?
A Northern Ireland B Scotland C The Republic of Ireland D Wales
13. In which year was the classic Western High Noon, starring Gary Cooper, released?
A 1962 B 1952 C 1939 D 1948
14. Which author wrote the novel Manhattan Transfer and the trilogy USA?
A Anthony Burgess B Mervyn Peake C John Dos Passos D Chinua Achebe
15. According to the Bible who baptised Jesus?
A Mark the Baptist B Luke the Baptist C Mathew the Baptist D John the Baptist
Jessica Brown Findlay See Question 6.