Choking angler is sole survivor
A PRANK almost proved fatal when a 28-year-old man swallowed a Dover sole he had just caught.
The man had been joking around with the 14cm fish and put it over his mouth, but it wriggled free and jumped down his throat – causing a complete blockage.
Paramedics were called, and when they arrived at Boscombe pier in Dorset on the night of October 5 they found the man, who has not been identified, had collapsed and stopped breathing.
Friends were performing CPR, as directed by an emergency medical dispatcher on the line from the 999 control room.
Paramedic Matt Harrison Mr Harrison said after six attempts the fish came out in one piece.