How much cover­age do I need?

Woman & Home - - Foundation Special -

Foun­da­tion is not the be-all and end-all when it comes to cover­age. It can’t and shouldn’t be used to cover ev­ery­thing. to dis­guise red­ness, spots, pso­ri­a­sis, scars or eczema, you should use a con­cealer for 80% of the cover­age and your base for the other 20%. Don’t EVER use your foun­da­tion as a blan­ket cover.

but what about vis­i­ble bro­ken veins? try us­ing a light base along with a thicker con­cealer, such as the Vichy Der­mablend SOS Cor­rec­tor Con­cealer Stick, £15. If you suf­fer from red­ness, then a green cor­rec­tor (we like Er­bo­rian’s new CC Red Cor­rect SPF 25, £17 for 15ml) can help counter it and then, after the cor­rec­tor has sunk in, you can layer your base on top.

If you’re look­ing to dis­guise re­ally prob­lem­atic skin, then you may want to use a higher-cover­age foun­da­tion paired with Laura Mercier’s clas­sic long-last­ing con­cealer, Se­cret Cam­ou­flage, £27.50, pat­ted on top. It re­ally does last and last!

For those lucky enough to have blem­ish-free skin, you should opt for a light­weight for­mula.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.