PAK CHOI AND COCONUT RICE
I’m quite obsessed with coconut rice – having a Pacific Islander mum is sure to turn you into a coconut lover. While it does raise the fat content of this meal, I think the taste alone makes it worth it.
250g pak choi • 2 tbsp soy sauce • ½ tbsp honey • handful of
bean sprouts • 20g cashews, toasted and crushed • handful of coriander • 2 cod fillets, grilled For the rice: 100g basmati rice
• pinch of salt • 235ml water •
235ml coconut milk • 1 tsp ginger powder
1. Pour the rice into a large pan, then add the salt, water, coconut milk and ginger powder.
2. Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer for 10-12 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and give the rice a stir with a wooden spoon. If it’s still too watery, replace the lid and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes.
3. Once the rice is almost done, steam the pak choi for 4 minutes, ensuring it doesn’t overcook.
4. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce with the honey.
5. Fluff up the rice and divide between two plates, place the pak choi, bean sprouts and cashews on top, spoon over the sauce and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with delicious grilled cod.