LUNCH GRILLED SQUASH PÂTÉ ON SOURDOUGH WITH CHARRED BROCCOLI
cals 336 | sat fat 1.4g | sugar 14.4g | serves 4
½ medium butternut squash, deseeded • 1 tbsp olive oil •
100g sundried tomatoes (from a pouch), finely chopped • 3 tbsp dried nutritional yeast
• 2 tbsp breadcrumbs • salt and pepper • 1 head of broccoli
• 4 thick slices of sourdough
1. Cut the squash into wedges and roast in the oil at 200°C for 25 mins until soft. Allow to cool, then peel off the skin and use a fork to mash the flesh in a bowl.
2. Add the tomatoes, yeast and breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Break the broccoli into small florets. Heat a frying pan until it’s very hot – but don’t add oil – then char the broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
4. Toast the bread in the frying pan on one side. Then turn each slice over and spread the toasted side with your squash pâté. Place them under a medium grill to warm through and serve topped with the charred broccoli.