Lite pad thai
CALS 430 | SAT FAT 3.4g | SUGAR 8.8g | SERVES 2
100g soba noodles • 2 tsp sesame
oil • ½ red onion, sliced • 1 garlic clove, chopped • 1 carrot, julienned • 1 courgette, julienned • ½ red pepper, sliced • juice of ½ lime • handful each of mint and basil, chopped • 9 king prawns, cooked • 1 egg • 100g silken tofu, cut into 1cm cubes • handful of beansprouts • 25g raw peanuts, toasted and crushed • reduced-salt soy sauce
For the sauce: 1 red chilli, chopped • juice of 1 lime • 1 tbsp fish sauce • 1 tbsp honey
1. Cook the soba noodles as per the packet instructions. Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients in a small dish – you’re after a sweet, sour and slightly salty flavour.
2. Heat the oil in a large wok or non-stick saucepan over a medium heat, then add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 mins until soft.
3. Add the carrot, courgette and pepper and leave on the heat for 3 mins. Add the lime juice halfway through to help steam the veggies.
4. Add the mint, basil and prawns, and cook for a further 3 mins.
5. Beat the egg and pour into the pan. Leave to cook for 1-2 mins, without stirring. Next, break up the egg with a fork before adding the tofu, noodles, beansprouts and your sauce. Toss well to combine.
6. Divide between two bowls and top with a sprinkling of nuts and a splash of soy sauce.