5 SIGNS YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG
1. You’re sticking your bum in the air. You need to maintain a straight back. If you’re doing the knees-down version, allow your pelvis to drop forward with your knees.
2. Your shoulders aren’t directly over your hands. This stops your wrists from being at a 90° angle at the start of the movement, which can put you at risk of strain and injury.
3. You’ve not got your feet together. Taking a wide stance gives you more stability, which means your core, quads and glutes will work less hard.
4. Your elbows are at 90° from your body. They should be tucked in – just wider than your armpits when you lower.
5. You’re lifting your head. This could hurt your neck. Stay neutral by fixing your gaze on the floor.