LEMON & BEAN LINGUINE
cals 617 | fat 30g | protein 22g | carbs 67g | serves 6
1 tbsp coconut oil
• 3 tbsp pine nuts or crushed cashews
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 250g marinated artichokes
• 1 red chilli, sliced
• salt and pepper
• 450g wholegrain linguine
• 2 big handfuls of Swiss chard, chopped
• 85g mascarpone
• zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 200g cooked butter beans
• 85g fresh basil
• glug of olive oil 1.
Plop the coconut oil in a large frying pan and place it over a medium-low heat. Add the nuts, garlic, artichokes and chilli, and season. Fry until the artichokes start to go gooey (sorry, caramelise). Keep your eyes fixed on those nuts, too (oh, behave). Blink and they’ll burn.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10 mins, or until al dente. Drain, saving a cup of the cooking water.
3. Return the pasta to the pan over medium heat, then add the Swiss chard, mascarpone, Brie, lemon zest and juice, butter beans and as much of the pasta water as you need to keep it moist.
4. Add the artichoke mixture to the pasta, along with the basil, and stir well. Give it a good glug of olive oil and season to taste. As they (should) say, when life gives you lemons, make linguine.