Yorkshire Post - Property - - PROPERTY -

THESE or­ders are made by the lo­cal plan­ning au­thor­ity (usu­ally a lo­cal coun­cil) to pro­tect spe­cific trees or a par­tic­u­lar wood­land from de­lib­er­ate dam­age and de­struc­tion. They pre­vent the felling, lop­ping, top­ping, up­root­ing or dam­ag­ing of trees. A coun­cil can make an emer­gency TPO in less than a day, although if the case is not ur­gent it can take months. Although it is pos­si­ble to make or­ders on any trees, they are most com­monly used in ur­ban and semi-ur­ban set­tings to pro­tect trees for the pub­lic’s en­joy­ment. If your trees are pro­tected, you will need writ­ten per­mis­sion to re­move them or to do any tree surgery. If you dam­age or re­move them you could be pros­e­cuted.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.