Simple but effective, this threaded tree card can be made with patterned or coloured ribbon
■ Ruler for measuring the hole distances
■ Blank portrait card
■ Embroidery needle
■ Various colourful ribbons
■ Double-sided sticky tape
■ Letter stickers in black
1. Using a ruler and pencil, mark two opposite holes on front of the card at the bottom, equal distances in from the edge. Gradually bring the marks closer together as they ascend so you finish with one mark for the top centre of your tree.
2. When you’re happy with the position of your marks use the embroidery needle to make the holes.
3. Take a length of ribbon and thread it through the two holes at the bottom. Bring the ribbon ends together on the inside of the card and trim. Use a piece of double-sided tape to secure together on the inside of the card.
4. Repeat step three until you have 5 rows of ribbon.
5. Tie a small length of ribbon into a bow and use double-sided tape to attach to the top mark of your tree.
6. Write your message on the front or use the letter stickers.
Deco & Style