Per serving: 232 cals, 11g fat (4g sat fat), 4g sugar, 1.2g salt
PEA, BACON & BROCCOLI SOUP SERVES: 6 PREP: 10 MINS COOK: 15 MINS
2 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 litre (1 ¾ pt) water
2 large gluten-free vegetable stock cubes 500g (1lb 2oz) broccoli, cut into florets
1 floury potato, coarsely grated
350g (12oz) frozen peas, thawed
30g (1oz) baby spinach leaves
110g (4oz) sour cream
3 bacon rashers, rind removed, finely chopped 50g (2oz) pea shoots (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over a moderate heat. Add the leeks and garlic and cook and stir for 2 mins or until soft. Add the water and crumbled stock cubes. Bring to the boil.
2. Add the broccoli and potato and simmer, covered, for 5 mins. Add the peas and spinach. Remove from the heat. Add the sour cream.
3. Using a stick blender whizz the soup until smooth. Season
4. Fry the bacon until golden.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with bacon and pea shoots (if using).