SNEAK A KISS AT ROMANTIC LOCALES
Maui is renowned as one of the most ROMANTIC PLACES in the world. No matter what you do with your loved one—be it explore a tide pool or ride a mule on Moloka‘i—it has the telltale hints of romance. However, you can never have too many places to sneak a smooch. Here’s a list of fun, romantic and unique places to STEAL A KISS with your loved one:
• On the LAHAINA SEAWALL on Front Street during sunset.
• In the air over the SACRED POOLS AT ‘OHE ‘O during a helicopter tour of Maui.
• In the rain at HANA. One of the wettest places on Maui, Hana also is often said to be the most romantic place to get away, and the rains usually last only a short spell (and finish with a rainbow).
• Over a glass of wine in the KING’S COTTAGE AT ‘ULUPALAKUA RANCH. Built in 1874 for the visit of Hawai‘i’s monarch David Kalakaua and Queen Kapi‘olani, the King’s Cottage is home to TEDESCHI WINERY’S tasting room (free tours also are offered).
• ON SURFBOARDS, after paddling out and before catching a wave during a lesson from one of Maui’s experts. (Just don’t turn your backs to the ocean.)
• Over a mountainous cream puff outside of KOMODA STORE AND BAKERY. Recreate your wedding-cake moment after picking up a baked treat from this mom-andpop bakery renowned for its cream puffs and malasadas. Just bring cash and make sure to get there early.
• During a slack key guitar concert at NAPILI KAI RESORT. George Kahumoku Jr. and Da ‘Ukulele Boys host this event every Wednesday evening starting at 7:30 p.m., accompanied by featured artists. Get more info at www.kahumoku.com/workshops.php.
• On a walk along the ocean and lava rocks of FLEMING BEACH in front of The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua. Five to 10 miles north of here, there also are grassy plains overlooking the ocean that are ideal for a romantic picnic.