Soft Shoes, Soft Heart
Chris Evans, 35, leaves his Captain America superpowers behind for his new drama, Gifted. He plays Frank Adler, a single man fighting for custody of his child-prodigy niece Mary (Mckenna Grace) to fulfill a promise he made to her mother. Here are five facts about the Boston-born actor.
1. Evans learned to tap dance from his mother, a former professional dancer, and still taps to relieve anxiety.
2. He has a soft spot for kids, regularly visiting Boston children’s hospitals.
3. A Disney fanatic, he knows the words to all the songs from The Little Mermaid.
4. He’s appeared as Captain America in seven films, played the Human Torch in two Fantastic Four flicks and was cast as a villain in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
5. His Captain America costume’s cowl was so tight that it gave him migraines.