Mitered Corner Borders
1. Add at least twice the border width to the border lengths measured or instructed to cut.
Example: Border is 3" x 45". Cut border (2"x 3") + 45" = border length to cut or 51".
2. Find center of side border length, match to center of quilt side length; pin border to quilt top to secure. Note: Border will be longer than quilt side top.
3. Sew the side borders to the quilt, beginning and ending stitching 1/4" from the quilt corner and backstitching (Figure A). Repeat with the top and bottom borders.
4. Fold and pin quilt right sides together at a 45-degree angle on one corner (Figure B).
5. Place a straightedge along the fold and lightly mark a line across the border ends (Figure C).
6. Stitch along the line, backstitching to secure (Figure D).
7. Trim seam to 1/4" and press open (Figure E).