Sort your fabrics into coordinating color themes, select a background fabric, and watch this easy quilt develop row by vertical row.
Quilt Size: 63" x 87" Block Size: 9" x 71/2" Number of Blocks: 42
• 2/3 yard light green solid • 22/3 yards white solid • 31/2 yards total assorted pastel scraps • Backing to size • Batting to size • Thread • Basic sewing tools and supplies
Cutting From light green solid:
• Cut 8 (21/4" by fabric width) binding strips.
From white solid:
• Cut 9 (91/2" by fabric width) strips. Subcut strips into 4 (91/2") B squares, 4 (31/2" x 91/2") C rectangles and 41 (61/2" x 91/2") D rectangles.
From assorted pastel scraps:
• Cut 210 (2" x 91/2") A strips.
Completing the Blocks
1. Select five assorted A strips to complete one Sweet Dreams block.
2. Arrange and join the A strips on the 91/2" sides to complete one block referring to the block drawing; press seams in one direction.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to complete a total of 42 Sweet Dreams blocks.
Completing the Quilt
1. Arrange and join one B square and one C rectangle with five D rectangles and six Sweet Dreams blocks to make an X row referring to the Assembly Diagram; press seams toward the blocks. Repeat to make a total of four X rows. 2. Arrange and join seven D rectangles with six Sweet Dreams blocks to make a Y row, again referring to the Assembly Diagram; press seams toward the blocks. Repeat to make a total of three Y rows.
3. Arrange and join the X rows with the Y rows, turning rows as necessary to form the pattern referring to the Assembly Diagram; press referring to Pressing Seams a Second Time on page 32.
4. Layer, quilt and bind referring to Quilting Basics on page 109.