Business blaze affects neighbors
A fire damaged two Northwest Austin businesses Tuesday morning and potentially affected several more with smoke damage, fire officials said Tuesday.
The fire broke out about 8:05 a.m. at the Ivory Cleaners at 10700 Anderson Mill Road when a chemical used in the dry-cleaning process ignited clothes in a dryer, officials said. The fire spread next door to Facet Flowers, damaging both businesses.
An adjacent chiropractic office suffered minor water damage, officials said, and six other businesses had minor smoke damage. Overall damage was estimated at $250,000.