food and wine Briefs
• National Association of Catering Executives is hosting next week’s national conference in Austin, which will include an opening session moderated by Food Network’s Marc Summers. Local chefs, including Todd Duplechan of Trio, Brian Krellenstein of Café Bon Appétit, Jessica Maher of Dai Due Supper Club and Javier Ortiz of the Hyatt Regency, have been tapped to show off their talents. www.nace.net.
• Jack Allen’s Kitchen will host a fourcourse dinner to benefit the Coastal Conservation Association of Louisiana at 5 p.m. Monday. $50. 7720 W. Texas 71. 852-8558, www.jackallenskitchen.com.
• The South Austin restaurant Olivia is hosting a six-course dinner featuring wines from Spain at 7 p.m. Aug. 2. The menu includes a tapas trio, grilled octopus, braised rabbit, oxtail with a rosemary churro, a pork empanada and orange laurel cake, each paired with wine. $80. 2043 S. Lamar Blvd. 804-2700, www.olivia-austin.com.
• 24 Diner is hosting a five-course dinner featuring beers from Avery Brewing Co. at 7 p.m. July 29. Among the courses: duck confit, mussels, ribs and pork belly. $55. 600 N. Lamar Blvd. 472-5400, www.24diner.com.
• Green Gate Farms is offering shares of pasture-raised pork reared on the East Austin farm. You can buy half a hog for $500 or smaller $50 or $100 shares. Green Gate co-owner Erin Flynn says you can also buy chicken, cattle and lamb share through their farm. www.greengatefarms.net.