Fugi­tive cap­tured in sex as­sault case

Austin American-Statesman - - COMMUNITY NEWS - LONE STAR FUGI­TIVE TASK FORCE — CIARA O’ROURKE, AMER­I­CAN-STATES­MAN STAFF

Au­thor­i­ties caught a San Mar­cos man Thurs­day morn­ing who last week fled dur­ing the mid­dle of his jury trial for sex­u­ally as­sault­ing a teenage girl. A Cald­well County jury found Pe­dro Javier Quin­tero, 22, guilty of five counts of ag­gra­vated sex­ual as­sault, sen­tenc­ing him to 48 years in prison, of­fi­cials said.

In 2009, Quin­tero and four oth­ers, then ages 17 and 18, were ac­cused of sex­u­ally as­sault­ing a 15-year-old San Mar­cos girl at a party in Cald­well County that April, said Katy Al­so­brook, an as­sis­tant district at­tor­ney for the county.

Hec­tor Gomez, a su­per­vi­sory deputy with the U.S. Mar­shals, said Thurs­day that mem­bers of the Lone Star Fugi­tive Task Force sur­prised Quin­tero at an apart­ment in San An­to­nio. A mem­ber of the pub­lic pro­vided the tip about his lo­ca­tion, Gomez said.

Quin­tero was ex­pected to be taken from San An­to­nio to Cald­well County later Thurs­day or Fri­day.

He was out on bond of $7,500 when his trial started but did not re­turn af­ter court dis­missed for lunch on Dec. 5.

The trial con­tin­ued with­out him.

Law en­force­ment agen­cies joined forces Thurs­day to an­nounce ef­forts to fight drunken driv­ing over the hol­i­day sea­son.

Austin po­lice were joined by of­fi­cials from the Texas De­part­ment of Pub­lic Safety, the Travis County At­tor­ney’s of­fice,

A tip led to the lo­ca­tion of Pe­dro Javier Quin­tero, who was found guilty of ag­gra­vated sex­ual as­sault of a teenage girl.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.