Two boaters suf­fer car­bon monox­ide poi­son­ing

Baltimore Sun - - MARYLAND - —Bryna Zumer, Bal­ti­more Sun Me­dia Group

Emer­gency med­i­cal per­son­nel and lo­cal fire­fight­ers were called to help two peo­ple over­come by car­bon monox­ide while boat­ing near Havre de Grace on Sun­day af­ter­noon. A man and a woman were taken to the Mary­land Shock Trauma Cen­ter, ac­cord­ing to Steve Allers, deputy chief with the Susque­hanna Hose Com­pany. The cou­ple were “en­joy­ing a day on the water” near the Tide­wa­ter Ma­rina in the 100 block of Bour­bon St. when they suf­fered from car­bon monox­ide poi­son­ing, ap­par­ently from their boat’s en­gine ex­haust, Allers said. One of two New­found­land dogs that were on the boat was also treated af­ter be­ing taken by Har­ford County An­i­mal Con­trol, Allers said. The in­ci­dent was re­ported at about 3:34 p.m.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.