Ten reasons why Trump won
Here’s one man’s opinion about why Donald Trump won:
1. Democrats ignored the anger of workingclass Americans.
2. Traditional Republicans didn’t understand the anger of working-class Americans.
3. The whole country is sick of stupid wars and wars made worse by inaction and over action.
4. The whole country is tired of Clintons and Bushes.
5. Small-business people, the working class and the middle class are tired of high taxation and spiraling health care premiums combined with decreasing benefits.
6. The whole country is tired of a Congress and executive branch that cannot agree on anything of even middling importance.
7. The working class is tired of being taken for granted by elitist, pseudo-intellectual party leaders.
8. Working-class and middle-class people are tired of being looked down at because of their cultural choices and the fact that they hang on to their Bibles and guns.
9. Middle America and the working class throughout the country are sick to death of disappearing jobs, rising health care costs, unaffordable higher education especially when coupled with stagnant wages and disappearing benefits, and the lack of alternative job choices that pay a living wage.
10. Suburban America is tired of slow growth, gridlock in Washington which is seen as a huge waste of taxpayer money, and a federal bureaucracy that is often seen as inflated and unresponsive.
The belief, rightly held by a good portion of the population, that the recovery has been disproportionally skewed against their interests is at the heart of the electorate’s decision to elect Mr. Trump president.
Moral issues can be and often are subjugated in a good many ways by people who are desperate to achieve a better life for themselves and their children.