Po­lice: Tree ser­vice worker shocked

Belleville News-Democrat - - Local - BY MARY COO­LEY mcoo­ley@bnd.com Mary Coo­ley: 618-239-2535; @MaryCoo­leyBND

A man work­ing with a tree ser­vice com­pany was hos­pi­tal­ized af­ter be­ing shocked when equip­ment came into con­tact with the elec­tri­cal lines, po­lice said Thurs­day.

The man’s name was not re­leased. He was taken to a hos­pi­tal and seemed to be sta­ble to of­fi­cers at the scene in the 1300 block of Kin­sella, Deputy Chief Craig Cough­lin said.

“I think they’re very for­tu­nate,” Cough­lin said of the work­ers. He did not know the name of the tree ser­vice com­pany.

Swansea Po­lice said the man was steady­ing a log while stand­ing on the ground at about 10:30 a.m. Thurs­day. The equip­ment that was mov­ing the log came into con­tact with the elec­tri­cal lines and the man was shocked, po­lice said.

“The elec­tric­ity went through ev­ery­thing, (and) got the per­son who was work­ing with that log,” Cough­lin said.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.