Renowned for its effectiveness in Indonesia, the land of its birth. Proven throughout Southeast Asia in thousands of fights. For the most part, unavailable in the West … until now!
Introducing Burton Richardson’s Silat for the Street online course from Black Belt. Richardson has an impressive martial arts pedigree. In addition to being a member of the Black Belt Hall of Fame and a disciple of Dan Inosanto, he’s trained in jeet kune do, as well as Brazilian jiu-jitsu, kali, muay Thai and MMA — along with silat. That gives him a more realistic understanding of the types of attacks used on the street, as well as the best solutions.
In this course, which streams videos to your cellphone, tablet or computer whenever and wherever you want, Richardson presents the most relevant tactics and techniques of silat. He selected them so 21st-century students of self-defense can add them to their arsenal at will. Among the topics he covers are:
• The differences between pencak and silat
• The roles of levers and triangles in self-defense
• The essential self-defense principles of silat
• How to catch kicks in combat
• Silat’s many forms of fighting footwork
• Takedowns, the bread and butter of the art
• Silat’s 10 most useful entries
• Brutal fighting techniques for use in the clinch
• No-holds-barred combat on the ground
• Silat techniques that use the karambit knife and sarong