It’s Your Day
1. Form a 51/2 x 41/4-inch card from white cardstock.
2. Cut a 31/2-inch-square panel of watercolor paper. Swipe lines of color from left to right using brush markers in following order: carmine red, pink, orange, yellow, orange, pink, carmine red. Swipe over marker color from left to right with wet paintbrush, gently blending colors. Dry with heat tool.
3. Die-cut watercolor background with Chevron Horizontal die.
4. Cut a 31/2-inch square of white cardstock. Arrange die-cut pieces on square and adhere in place. Adhere square to black cardstock; trim a small border. Adhere to white cardstock; trim a small border.
5. Stamp Penelope’s Blossoms flowers with watermark ink on white cardstock; sprinkle on black embossing powder and heat-set. 6. Fussy-cut stamped flowers; adhere to card. Adhere chevron panel to card as shown.
7. Die-cut Smile Circle from black cardstock; die-cut 11/2-inch circle from white cardstock. Adhere together.
8. Cut a 41/2 x 1/2-inch strip of black cardstock; V-notch one end. Stamp “it’s your day” with watermark ink; sprinkle on white embossing powder and heat-set.
9. Adhere die-cut circle and stamped strip to card using foam tape to adhere circle.
10. Die-cut “MOM” from black cardstock with Cole’s ABCs dies; adhere to card with foam tape.
11. Stamp sentiment inside card with black ink. •