Think coloring is just for kids? It’s great for adults too! Here are just a few reasons why we’re coloring:
1. Coloring is relaxing. You’ll find yourself breathing easier and your mind settling as you color. According to The Guardian, a U.K. newspaper, coloring offers “… a crossover with mindfulness and also with mantras: activities in which the brain is engaged just enough to stop it whirring, but not so much that the concentration is draining.”
2. It’s easy. Sketching or even doodling can put added pressure on crafters who worry about drawing skills. Coloring an existing image allows you to simply enjoy the process.
3. It’s portable. Pop a few sheets into a zippered plastic bag, tuck in a few pens and you can color on the airplane or during long car rides. Stuck on hold or in the dentist’s waiting room? Get out the coloring supplies! (It’s great for moms waiting at sports practice too!)
4. It’s practical. You can use the finished results for your card making. Coloring is fun to do—and it’s great to have a practical use for your colored pages too.
5. It’s no-tech. With many of us working on computers or carrying smartphones, we often seek balance with lowtech or no-tech activities. Coloring gives you a break from the phone, the keyboard and the computer screen! •