Marco’s Paper cardstock: cougar opaque natural, brown Ranger Distress brushed corduroy ink pad Black fine-tip pen Tim Holtz burlap layering stencil (#THS007) Die templates: Spellbinders® Labels Eight (#S5-019); Memory Box Orchard Tree Frame (#98300) Die-cutting machine Scor-Pal scoring board Sponge Mini adhesive dot Paper adhesive Computer with printer (optional)
1. Form a 51/2 x 7-inch card from natural cardstock.
2. To die-cut card front, open card and center Orchard Tree Frame die on front flap. Place plate on top, aligning edge approximately 1/4 inch left of center; die-cut (Photo 1). 3. With die still in place, move plate, aligning edge approximately 1/4 inch right of center; die-cut (Photo 2).
Do not die-cut center 1/2 inch of die. 4. Remove die-cut waste. Make a 1/4-inch score at center of both top and bottom uncut sections starting at level of cut lines and extending toward edge of card (Photo 3). 5. On side farthest from card center fold, cut diagonal line from die-cut edge to scored line (Photo 4). Repeat for bottom edge (Photo 5). 6. Cut straight line from die-cut edge to scored line on side without diagonal cut (Photo 6). Repeat for bottom edge. 7. Fold die-cut sections toward inside of card along small scored lines (Photo 7). 8. Repeat steps 2–7 to die-cut back flap of card with largest Labels Eight die.
9. Open card and place on work surface with card front and back faceup; use stencil, ink and sponge to apply pattern to card front and die-cut panel on card back.
10. Close card and use adhesive dot to secure die-cut sections together at center along right edge (Photo 8). 11. Die-cut tree frame from brown cardstock; adhere to card front as shown.
12. Die-cut largest label from brown cardstock; use next smallest label die to cut opening from center creating a frame. Adhere to card back as shown (Photo 9). 13. Hand-print, or use a computer to generate, “Happy Father’s Day!” on natural cardstock. Die-cut with smallest label die; adhere to back of card.
14. Stamp sentiment inside card as shown. •