Papertrey Ink orange zest cardstock We R Memory Keepers Lifestyle Letterpress chipboard We R Memory Keepers Lifestyle Letterpress ink: orange, silver Orange embroidery floss Orange buttons Blue self-adhesive pearls We R Memory Keepers Lifestyle Letterpress Plates (#LLPP-3740) Die-cutting machine Masking or washi tape Brayer Acrylic block Acrylic palette We R Memory Keepers Lifestyle Letterpress placement guides We R Memory Keepers Lifestyle Letterpress ink guide strips We R Memory Keepers adhesive sheets Tape runner Adhesive dots
1. Form a 51/2 x 41/4-inch card from cardstock.
2. Follow instructions for How to Make a Letterpress Print on page 65 to print “Hello” on letterpress chipboard with orange ink.
3. Remove print and printing plate from platform; clean brayer and palette.
4. Return print to platform and reposition bottom set of paper placement guides to print’s top corner for next step.
5. To create letterpress borders, align and adhere background printing plate to cover bottom 1 inch of print. Apply tape or other masking material immediately beneath print to protect platform from ink.
6. Adhere one ink strip guide at bottom of printing plate and carefully apply silver ink to bottom 2 inches of printing plate.
7. After inking printing plate, remove masking and ink strip guide from platform; letterpress the print.
8. Remove print from platform; flip upside down and nestle newly printed bottom edge into placement guides.
9. Re-mask platform immediately beneath print and replace ink strip guide.
10. Repeat steps 6 and 7 to create top border.
11. Adhere print to card.
12. Thread buttons with embroidery floss; adhere to card. Adhere pearls. •