Brush 'UP' ON TECHNIQUES
• Foil Applications • Lessons in Letterpress • Designing With atyouSpica Pens
1. Form a 5 x 61/2-inch card from white cardstock. Cut woodgrain patterned paper to fit card front; adhere.
2. Cut a 43/8 x 63/4-inch panel from red cardstock. Squeeze a small amount of liquid adhesive onto craft sheet; run brayer through adhesive and across red panel. Brayer lightly so some red will still show through. Let adhesive dry for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Place gold foil onto brayered panel with colored side facing up. Burnish with bone folder. Peel off foil. Set aside leftover foil sheet for another project. 4. Adhere foiled panel to cream cardstock; trim a small border. Attach brad in each corner. Adhere to card.
5. Die-cut treble clef from teal cardstock; adhere to card.
6. Stamp “Birthday Wishes” on cream cardstock; sprinkle on embossing powder and heat-set. Trim and adhere to brown cardstock; trim a small border. Attach brad to one end. Adhere to card with foam tape. Tie ribbon in bow; adhere to card as shown. •