Classic leaf shapes die-cut from luxurious cardstock or dusted with gold embellish these cards to make and share in the harvest season.
Classic leaf shapes, die-cut from luxurious cardstock or dusted with gold, embellish these cards to make and share in the harvest season.
Cardstock: Michaels (gold metallic); ivory Watercolor paper Starform Deco gold stickers: Leaves, Thin Lines Creative Expressions Sentiment Stamp Set 1 IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko VersaMark watermark ink pad Cosmic Shimmer white embossing powder Cosmic Shimmer carnival brights iridescent watercolour paints Creative Expressions metallic gilding wax: vintage holly, golden light, antique bronze Sheer green ribbon Sue Wilson Pierced Flags dies (#CED4304) Embossing folders: Leane Creatief Border Autumn (#359944); Tattered Lace Ditsy Dots (#TTLEF004) Die-cutting machine Embossing heat tool Craft mat Paper towel Watercolor paintbrush Spray bottle with water Alligator clip Small pompoms Adhesive foam squares Double-sided tape Adhesive dots
*All materials from Ecstasy Crafts unless otherwise noted.
1. Form a 7 x 5-inch card from ivory cardstock.
2. Cut a 11/2 x 5-inch strip from ivory cardstock. Cut a 13/4 x 5-inch strip from gold metallic cardstock.
3. Emboss front of card with Ditsy Dots folder. Emboss ivory strip with Autumn folder.
4. Attach leaf stickers to watercolor paper; rub edges down to secure. Fussy-cut leaves.
5. Place leaves on craft mat; wet leaves, including sticker outlines, with watercolor brush and water. If paper becomes too wet, dry with paper towel. Use watercolors directly from pots or mix on paint palette; spray watercolors with water to activate.
6. Add a drop of color onto wet leaves; let color spread. Clean brush in cup of water between colors; absorb excess water with paper towel. Work with one color at a time.
7. Continue adding drops of color to different leaf sections, letting colors blend together. Let dry.
8. Repeat steps 4–7 to create painted acorns.
9. Color leaves and acorns with gilding wax using pompoms held by alligator clips. Begin by shading leaves and acorns with yellow wax; add bronze to centers of leaves and acorns. Add green to centers of leaves.
10. Adhere ivory strip to gold metallic strip. Attach line stickers as shown. Adhere to card with double-sided tape.
11. Adhere leaves and acorns to card with foam squares. Cut a small branch from gold cardstock; adhere near top of leaf spray. Tie ribbon bow. Adhere to branch.
12. Decorate inside of card as desired. •