Happy Birthday, Jesus! Pattern on page 112 MATERIALS
1. Form a 5 x 7-inch card from gold-and-white striped paper. Trace bag pattern from page 112 onto card; cut out making sure not to cut along fold line indicated on pattern.
2. Cut several small, curved pieces from patterned paper scraps to serve as gatherings on bag. Adhere to card.
3. Cut a 31/8 x 1/2-inch strip of gold foil paper; adhere to card trimming as needed.
4. Stamp manger onto white cardstock; sprinkle on embossing powder and heat-set. Die-cut; trim away overhead beams from manger image. 5. Cut three 11/2 x 21/2-inch tags from cardstock and patterned papers. Round corners. Stamp sentiment onto white tag; sprinkle on embossing powder and heat-set.
6. Adhere manger to white tag with foam tape.
7. Adhere tags together with double-sided tape; adhere to card with foam tape.
8. Die-cut bow from foiled paper. Adhere to tag with adhesive dot. Punch circle from goldand-white striped paper; adhere to bow with adhesive dot.
Decorate inside of card as desired.
Hobby Lobby white cardstock Die Cuts With A View patterned paper: Happy Day (gold and white striped), Foiled (gold) Sweet ‘n Sassy Born This Day stamp set IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko VersaMark watermark ink pad Ranger gold embossing powder Die templates: Sweet ‘n Sassy (Manger #SNSD-33); Spellbinders® (Let’s Party Fancy Bow #S2-188) Die-cutting machine Embossing heat tool Punches: corner-rounder, 1/2-inch circle 3M adhesives: foam tape, double-sided tape Elmer’s adhesive dots
1. Form a 41/4 x 51/2-inch card from cream cardstock.
2. Cut holly strip from Christmas Now & Then paper; adhere to bottom of card and trim edges.
3. Cut a 37/8 x 31/8-inch rectangle from green cardstock. Cut a 33/4 x 3-inch rectangle from snowy sky portion of Joyful & Triumphant paper. Adhere rectangles together with tape runner; adhere to card.
4. Cut a 33/4 x 1/2-inch strip from metallic paper. Adhere to bottom edge of layered rectangle on card.
5. Stamp elements as follows:
Snowbank on metallic paper with gray ink
Church (2) on cream cardstock with gray ink
Roof (2) on khaki cardstock with gray ink
Windows on yellow-gold cardstock with orange ink
Trees and wreath on green cardstock with green ink Door on red cardstock with gray ink
Sentiment on cream cardstock with green ink.
6. Apply watermark pen to areas of cut pieces where you wish to add a dusting of snow. Sprinkle on embossing powder and heat-set.
7. Fussy-cut images as shown. When cutting church images, cut steeple and right portion of church as one piece. Cut left portion with door as one piece. Use craft knife to carefully cut out arch in steeple section.
8. Color church bell with silver pen. Punch 1/8-inch hole in center of wreath.
9. Adhere snowbank to card with tape runner. Adhere church sections to card, using foam tape to adhere front portion, steeple roof and roof over door. Adhere windows with adhesive dots.
10. Adhere one tree with tape runner. Adhere second tree, door and wreath with foam tape.
11. Color in windows with glitter marker; draw cross above steeple with silver pen.
12. Color sentiment with colored pencil as shown. Coat sentiment with glitter marker; highlight berries in holly strip with glitter marker.
13. Punch sentiment with 11/2-inch circle punch. Punch 15/8-inch circle from green cardstock. Adhere circles together. Attach enamel dots.
14. Open card and use craft knife to cut a 1/2-inch slit along fold, 13/8 inches from bottom of card. Cut a 12-inch length of ribbon; thread through slit. Wrap around card and tie bow. Adhere sentiment circle to card with foam tape.
15. Decorate inside of card as desired. •