Silver Vellum Poinsettia
1. Form a 7 x 5-inch card from white cardstock.
2. Cut a 63/4 x 43/4-inch panel from silver cardstock. To create a frame, cut a 61/8 x 31/2-inch rectangle in center of panel using craft knife.
3. Cut a 61/2 x 41/2-inch panel from black cardstock. Cut a 53/4 x 31/4-inch rectangle in center of panel using craft knife.
4. Align both frames on card front and mark placement of sentiment with pencil. Stamp sentiment on card front;
sprinkle on embossing powder and heat-set. Emboss card front with embossing folder.
5. Stamp all layers of poinsettia onto vellum; sprinkle on embossing powder and heat-set. Stamp largest layer on black cardstock; sprinkle on embossing powder and heat-set.
6. Die-cut stamped poinsettias. Die-cut Splendid Swirls from silver cardstock.
7. Stamp poinsettia repeatedly onto silver frame; sprinkle on embossing powder and heat-set.
8. Adhere black frame to card with foam tape. Adhere silver frame with double-sided tape.
9. Use fingers to pinch each layer of vellum and black poinsettia petals in half for dimension; use caution not to crack vellum. Layer and glue poinsettia petals together, beginning with large black layer. Glue gem in center of poinsettia.
10. Adhere swirl die cuts and poinsettia to card. Glue gems in corners of card.
Decorate inside of card as desired.
1. Cut a 3 x 3-inch square from media board.
2. Place quilt stencil on square and use blending tool and blue ink to apply pattern to square.
3. Turn stencil clockwise 90 degrees and line up stencil. Repeat step 2 to create a tiny plaid pattern in squares.
4. Apply brass paint to edges of square; let dry.
5. Use waterproof pen to add faux stitched details between squares as shown.
6. Use blending tool and black ink to stencil “TO:” and “FROM:” at bottom of square.
7. Cut a 6-inch length of trimming and glue ends to back of square to create a hanger.
8. Create a custom embossing powder by combining the following powders together: one scoop red, one scoop orange, two scoops crystal and half scoop gray.
9. Ink mat board heart red; sprinkle with custom mixed embossing powder and heat-set.
10. Ink holly stamp with black ink and press coordinating holly leaves mat board piece onto inked stamp and dry.
11. Reink stamp black, press holly berries mat board piece onto berries portion of inked stamp and dry.
12. Apply fern green ink to holly leaves and red ink to berries. Dry.
13. Stamp text background stamp onto holly leaf piece with gray ink.
14. Adhere holly leaves and berry pieces to upper left corner of square with foam tape.
15. Use pen to draw a line from top of square for heart; glue heart in place. •